Karen Adelson's Blog
When you want to sell your property, you want it gone as fast as possible. However, there are activities some house owners get involved in that do not help their situation.
Selling a home is quite unlike buying a home. As a homeowner willing to sell their home, below are a few tips you should consider;
- Price your home accurately. Often, homeowners price their homes based on the memories they made in the house. However, that is not the reality in pricing. To determine how much your home worth in the market, you need to employ the services of a competent real estate agent. They need personal knowledge on how to help you, so ensures they are familiar with your neighborhood.
- Host an open house. If your house is suitable for an open house, tell your agent to help you schedule one. Ask if they list your home online, too. Some buyers get interested through online listings while others like to experience such in-person events.
- Insist on professional photography. If you employed the service of a top-notch real estate agent, they have access to professional photos. It is not enough to be able to take pictures; you must get pictures that capture the house thoroughly, both in-depth and rich in color.
- Be flexible with home showings. Studies show that most homeowners are not comfortable with strangers coming into their house to check it out. If you fall into this seller category, you can go away for a week or two while your home is listed and shown. Either way, you should not expect to meet the potential buyers. Buyers need privacy to speak with their agent without concern for your feelings.
- Review your listing online. The price for which a house sells depends on the information that the market has of it and similar homes called "comparables." You should check your home listings on various websites in addition to your agent's to ensure the information conveyed about your house is accurate. If it is not, quickly alert your real estate agent.
- Respond promptly to a purchase offer. Buyers go crazy if their offer goes unmet for longer than necessary. Many proposals contain expiration dates. Consequently, to get your house sold as fast as possible, ensure that you respond to purchase offers speedily.
- Start packing before your house gets to the market. Another attitude that will get your home sold fast is packing even before your house is listed. That action allows you to line up movers easily and lets your buyer settles in quickly.